ADULT COSPLAY CONTESTS
HOSTED BY THE ONE AND ONLY:
LOLLIPOP CHAINSAW JESSICA NIGRI!
COSPLAY JUDGING BY:
RIDDLE JOHNNY RUCKUS
NICOLE JEAN AND MYSTERY JUDGE
HUMAN SUSHI COSPLAY
PRE REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED
YOU MAY VISIT THE COSTUME CONTEST PRE REG AREA DAY OF THE SHOW TO SEE IF THERE IS STILL SPACE AVAILABLE TO APRTICIPATE AND BEST OF LUCK TO ALL AND GREAT WORK ON THE AMAZING COSTUME WE ARE SURE TO SEE AT THE SHOW!
* All entrants MUST have a pass to this year's RI Comic Con
* This is the adult costume contest. All entrants must be 13 to 17 years
of age or 18 and older to enter (a separate kids costume contest takes
place on Sunday).
* There will be a limit to THIRTY (30) pre-registered spots. Details
below for pre-registration
* There will be a cap of 60 contestants (30 pre-reg, 30 at show)
* Contest judges and professional costumers CANNOT enter (people who
make costumes for a living).
* Once cap is reached for the event, the costume contest registration
* All entrants must adhere to the Costume/Prop policy for the show
* You may only enter the costume contest once
Judging Information (Pre-judging gives the judges a chance to look over
costumes and ask questions about their construction prior to the event.
Judges will be evaluating costumes based on the following criteria:
accuracy, creativity and originality):
* Costumes must be at least 50% handmade/altered, commissions are
acceptable as long as the creator is present to accept the award
* Store bought or commissioned costumed (exception above) will not be
allowed UNLESS greatly altered (reference pictures will be needed).
* Judges have the right to say if a costume is not a costume
(EX: justwearing a mask). Please respect their decision.
* All costumes will be pre-judged by our team of judges prior to the
event on Saturday. Pre-registered entrants must be there between 10am
and 11:30am or risk losing their spot. Those who register at the show
will be judged between 12:30pm and 2pm
* While not required, providing pictures of the character you're basing
your costume on is greatly appreciated by the judges and will be more
beneficial when they are judging your costume
* Also not required, providing pictures showing the construction of your
costume can earn additional points from the judges
* If you are pre-judged, you must participate in the on-stage costume
contest in order to qualify for prizing
Costume Contest Rules:
* When on stage, you will have 30 seconds to pose and act as your
character (please keep it PG-13). Groups will be allowed more time on
stage (ask in advance if needed). Remember: you are also being judged on
* The MC may ask you a question while you are on stage. Please remember
to keep answers rated PG-13
* Any kind of pop culture costume is welcomed for the costume contest,
which includes comics, anime, video game, sci-fi, horror, TV or movie.
* While groups are allowed, the number is limted to a maximum of ten
(10) people in a group.
* We will be awarding cash prizes, prize packs and additional prizes for
certain categories. Here's the different categories we have available (it
is possible to win more than one of these awards):
*Best Adult (18+) and honorable mention
*Best Teenager (13-17) and honorable mention
*Best Video Game
*Best Presentation/Audience Award
*Judge's Awards (3 of these will be given away)
* Nudity, revealing or inappropriate attire is not permitted.
* Any guns must be marked with an orange tip and checked out at the
costume contest booth so they can be deemed safe.
The following items will not be allowed at the convention:
* Real guns (working, disabled, or otherwise)
* Projectile weapons (pellet guns, airsoft rifles, pistols, disc guns,
paintball markers, water pistols, or other liquid "weapons," etc)
* Boken/wooden weapons will ONLY be tolerated if remained sheathed. Mock
fighting will not be allowed.
* Metal blades (knives, swords, spears, etc)
* Weapons or props that may cause a mess
* Laser pointers or similar devices.
* Any sharp items that may inflict harm onto others
* No spray cans or liquid materials or "goo" is allowed
* Signs are only allowed if they are part of the character
For those that Pre-Register, please fill out the following and
by October 25th with Subject listed as
(RI Comic Con Costume Contest):
1. Full Name(s)
2. Email Address
4. City, State and ZIP
5. How old are you?
6. Are you entering as an individual of group? If so, how many are in your
7. Name of character that your costume is based on?
8. What series or property does your character come from?
9. Tell us about your costume. Include any construction details you'd
like us to know about. This section is where you get the chance to share
all of the work you put into creating your costume.
RHODE ISLAND COMIC CON -RI COMIC CON IT'S LOGOS,NAMES AND CONTENT ARE THE PROPERTY OF ALTERED REALITY ENTERTAINMENT
ALL OTHER LOGOS AND PICTURES ARE THE PROPERTY OF THEIR RIGHTFUL OWNERS